I have recently been working with an implementation involving Web 8 and DXA.
During the implementation we put couple of redirects such redirect from
However, I am continuously getting the below error:
404 - Resource Not Found
Careful investigation suggests that a “traiing” slash is getting added to the redirected URL as –
I keep on investigating by looking at the code, redirect rules, searching over search engines but nothing leads to a resolution. I even tried to look into the DXA framework code to search for any hint but no luck.
Further googling links me to this 2 year old bug in Chrome browser:
which is supposedly fix in a later version two years back itself
Curiously, I tried hitting the URL in other browser and to my surprise it works fine without any issue and as expected.
In the above post last couple of comments (from this year) suggests a browser cache clean (for some other behaviour though) – but I give it a try…and woo hoo!!! It starts working in Chrome too.
Moral of the Story: Technology is Technology – an error might exists anywhere, even at those places you may never imagined.